Friday, April 16, 2010

There's no place like home...

Just wanted to let everyone know that after two nights at Magee, I am home at last!  There truly is no place like home!

They sent out two samples to check for C. diff and both came back negative.  They pumped me full of so much fluids my hands had started to swell.  And thankfully I got some rest and feel MUCH, MUCH better!

I was only stuck with a needle 3 times this go around which is significant improvement over my last visit.  The nurses were able to take blood straight from my port and even did it while I was sleeping!  I slept right through the 3am blood draws.  The other two sticks were to administer a shot in my belly to help prevent blood clots.  My left calf has been bothering me for a number of days.  It feels like I am going to have a charlie horse at any moment.  As a precautionary measure they sent me down for an ultrasound of both legs.  NO CLOTS!  They also continued to fill me up with Magnesium & Potassium.  Both of those levels were quite low.

So, this morning I got the wonderful news that I was being released and headed home!  My white counts were on the high end of normal at 10 and holding steady.  Wonderful news!

Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers!  I am grateful and blessed to have YOU in my life.

No comments: