Monday, April 12, 2010

10 years and still going STRONG!

Well yesterday I woke up feeling fantastic, but it didn't take long before the fatigue and exhaustion set in.  The nurses warned that the Neulasta shot would make my bones/joints hurt - and they weren't lying!!

Despite not feeling 100%, we made our way to 11am mass at St. Margaret Mary Parish.  Kennedy has been very active during the service, so we had a grand plan to put her in her stroller.  It worked fairly well for us and she was pretty good.  Unfortunately the other children in the cry room made it almost impossible for us to hear the homily.  For next week, we are going to try to get there early and sit out in the main seating area.  Here is hoping Kennedy will be just as good next week as she was this week.

After church we went out to enjoy a nice lunch as a family to our local Eat 'N Park.  All I can say is WOW!!!  They remodeled the inside and it looks completely different.  Much, much nicer now!  Chris and I were shocked at how much different it looked compared to our first meeting there 10 1/2 years ago.


For those of you who do not know, Chris and I met through an online dating service in November 1999.  We actually shared our first meeting at this Eat 'N Park and it brought back A LOT of good memories.  I am still amazed he put up with the me of 1999 long enough for us to get married and have a child together.  I used to be a smoker and now that I no longer smoke, I can't believe her put up with me and my smoking habit that long.  I guarantee, if I hadn't quit when I did, we would not still be together.  He must have saw something special to keep me around that long!  I quit smoking about a month after we started dating - mainly because my father asked me from his hospital bed to never smoke another cigarette again.  I cried the entire way home from the hospital that day.  I knew I was disappointing him and that alone upset me.  How could I ignore what he asked of me, especially seeing him struggle with health issues that I am sure smoking played some part of a hand in.  I made the decision that week and quit cold turkey.  It wasn't easy, but looking back it was one of the best things I ever did for myself. 




So here we are 10+ years later....  Happily married, proud parents, and thankful for many blessings in our life.  I am still amazed that this past November, 10 years ago, I met my husband for the first time at an Eat 'N Park.


Here is a photo from the past - gosh we look so oung here!!

No comments: