Thursday, April 15, 2010

At Magee.... AGAIN!!

Well today started out quite normal.  Chris went to work, I woke up tired, but feeling good.  I had these GRAND plans to hit up our local Giant Eagle, get stuff for dinner and come home to take an easy.  It didn't take long before all those grand plans were thrown out the window and I was sick - AGAIN! 

Poor Kennedy dealt with a very miserable mommy and was just the sweetest baby girl ever.  As I was getting sicker as the minutes ticked on, she continued to entertain me with her drum, empty toilet paper rolls, and making calls to California.  (No worries, even if she did dial CA, the call wouldn't have gone through since we have no long distance, lol!)

After an hour and a half of suffering I called Chris and asked him to come home.  I had already had a call into the oncologists office and was just playing the waiting game.  After several chats with the nurse at the oncologists office, I was told to go to Magee's ER and they were informing them we were on our way.

After six hours in the ER, they finally admitted me.  My white counts were elevated at 18 (which is probably from the Neulasta shot) and they wanted to monitor me more closely.

It appears that I will be here for at least two nights.  They need cultures from me and they have to be taken 24 hours apart from each other. One of the things they are trying to rule out is Clostridium difficile, also know as C. diff.  The CT scan they did while I was in the ER looked fairly normal, so they think this recent episodes could possibly be from C. diff or the chemo.  My bet it is on the chemo.  Even though they decreased the amount of the Taxotere and gave me a Neulasta shot, I think my colon is just super sensitive.  Only time and the cultures will provide the answers we need.

Please keep me in your prayers that the are able to pinpoint WHY I keep getting so ill and can maybe offer some more answers to keep me out of the hospital.  I swear Magee needs a frequent roomer program.  I have to laugh because a friend in my mom's group, Heather, posted this as her Facebook status earlier today, "found a new all-inclusive resort destination, have you heard of it? It's Magee Women's Hospital...better than Sandals, I must say."  I can't agree 100% with her, but Magee isn't so bad, but of course I'd much rather be at Sandals!!!


I am off to try to sleep for the night.  Keep the prayers coming.  And again thanks to all those friends, family, and even those who don't know me so well for praying for me.  God hears you! 

No comments: