Thursday, March 31, 2011

Way overdue update!

WOW!  A long time has past since I last updated!!!

A lot has happened to say the least.  Chemo was extended and I had my last one on November 8, 2011 and radiation started in December.  I went Monday-Friday for a total of 38 treatments.  I thought I was never going to be done, but now it seems like it happened so long ago!  I really miss my daily visits with Jennifer, Willie, Kelly, Loretta, and the rest of the staff at the radiation center, but I am so glad I don't have to go on the table anymore!!  Not to mention the daily application of lotions and constant uncomfortable feeling from radiation burns.


When chemo wrapped up we switched my Herceptin treatments to every three weeks.  Around the same time I started noticing that I was having horrid headaches.  Nothing would take them away.  It got to the point where we took a break from Herceptin to see if it was the culprit, but low and behold the headaches continued...  Very discouraging.  Especially when you are looking for something to place the blame on and ever so ready to be done with treatments.  It was at that time I started doing math in my head, counting back to when the headaches started, when I had received my last Lupron shot, when chemo ended, and started taking everything else into consideration.  HORMONES!!  That had to be it!!!  Every three weeks I'd get a headache, therefore it was so easy to place blame a drug that you get every three weeks.  Months later I think we are finally getting control of the these headaches, but I still get them.  We have restarted on Herceptin and are two treatments into our final six.  I should be completely done with treatments on June 13th.  I am so looking forward to that!


Things at home have been wonderful!  Kennedy turned two in November and is getting so big!  I can't believe how time is flying.  Here is her most recent picture from her Spring photo shoot!  


More to come soon!!!  So stay tuned!  The Race for the Cure is right around the corner and The Triple B's are gearing up to race again.  Our team is already off to a phenomenal fundraising start thanks to my fabulous mom and her coworkers at Morrow Motors.  They held 50/50 raffles and graciously helped my mom start our team out with a nice sized donation!!  THANK YOU!!!

No comments: